The purpose of this document is to set out the standards of behaviour expected of members of Dubbo & District Family History Society Inc. It also incorporates the use of electronic and other media used by the society.
In accepting membership, I agree to adhere to these codes at all times.
• DDFHS members and committee members should treat each other with respect and courtesy
• Phone, email and internet facilities provided by DDFHS should only be used for the purpose of the group’s activities and business.
• Members should refrain from the use of unsolicited emails to other members which do not pertain to DDFHS matters.
• There should be no creating and circulation of emails critical of other members of DDFHS, or which may be considered offensive and/or distressing to others.
• Members will not gain materially or financially from their involvement with DDFHS unless specifically authorised to do so. When claiming expenses members will do so in line with DDFHS procedures.
• Members are not to enter into arrangement that the Society may be responsible for without the approval of the committee of the day.
• That where a member has not completed a current membership renewal form ‘Agreeing to be bound by the Constitution, Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics’ and if they fail to do so when they are requested by the committee, that their membership be suspended for a period of time, at the discretion of the Committee.
Adopted by resolution of the Committee on 12 March 2020
With thanks to Bathurst Family History Group Inc (2019)